Sunday, February 7, 2010

Exercise Update

I am officially in phase 2 of my "lose the jello" exercise regimen. For all of February I will be doing strength training along with my yoga stretching. I have really enjoyed this so far. It has not been hard core crazy workouts that burn millions of calories, but I have been able to be consistent and not give up. That is important, making something work well enough to stick with it. I've learned this the hard way with so many failed crazy plans under my belt. An interesting side not is I have found my mental attitude is better since I have been exercising. Now if I can just get my snarkiness under control I will be much pleased with myself.

I am also working diligently at making healthier food choices. This is probably the most frustrating part for me. I used to be great at eating healthy and I never, ever had to watch calories. That's what I get for bragging about my metabolism. So now I am addicted to cupcakes and cookies and pie and I really don't want to give them up. I am trying to eat healthy during the week, and then reward myself with the good stuff on the weekend. Friday night dinner should always include carbs and sugar! Now since it is still the weekend, I am off to make a double batch of: 

           Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

2/3 cup butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups oats
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup craisins
2/3 cup white chocolate chips
2/3 cup Macadamia nuts

bake @ 375* for 10-12 minutes





No comments:

Post a Comment