Saturday, January 23, 2010

Challah Time

I have been using a challah recipe for the last few years that I generally like. It's sweet and makes awesome cinnamon rolls! But I have been wanting to find one that is a little bit lighter and has a smoother shape to it. My challah always tastes good, but it can look fairly ugly at times. I came across a recipe that a friend posted a link to on her blog and I have been wanting to try it for about a year now. I finally got around to making it last week and it is wonderful! I want to tweek it just a little with a bit more sugar but for the most part it is perfect. It makes two huge loaves and trust me, you will have plenty to share. This is one of the best challah recipes I have made. And as a bonus, she has a video showing you how to do the always mysterious 6 braided loaf! How much better can it get?

1 comment:

  1. I just noticed this entry as I entered you into my Vienna RSS feed reader. LOL I'm glad you liked the challah! Add a bit more honey if you want. Maya has an amazing gift in the kitchen, doesn't she!?

    ReplyDelete