Friday, April 29, 2011

Cat Tales

So after taking a gamble on the ever changing weather, we ventured out on a field trip to meet a few other homeschoolers. It was quite cold, but didn't rain, so it was manageable.




Our family had never been to Cat Tales but we always had it on our "to do" list. We had an excellent guide who told us about each cat and it was fun (and sad at times) to hear all of the different stories about the resident cats and how they all came to end up there.






The bear cats were particularly interesting......


 
 
 
 
Beautiful creatures to see but I wish they could be in their own habitat.
 
 
                                          
 


 
And it looks like someone didn't listen to the "Don't run, you look like food" rule!



                                                                          


Because it was so cold, we weren't able to eat our lunches together like we had planned so that was a disappointment. All in all though, I consider it a successful outing.

Counting the positives:
1. Short but educational.
2. Went out of my comfort zone to meet new people.
3. Crossing something off one of my many "to do" lists always brings me joy.

Hopefully we can do something again and maybe wrangle up a few more gals to join in.

3 comments:

  1. I know... What was up with the bear? Did they tell us how the bear was a cat? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you came! I've actually been wanting to have a sit down chat with you for a long, long time :) One of these days we will! I'm glad I finally got to meet you and your kids, after only reading about them.

    The field trip was out of my comfort zone too, meeting strangers, but then again how else do we meet people, you know? Katey suggested a hike at the Bowl & Pitcher, which sounds like fun. Are you guys up for it? Maybe next month, if it ever warms up!
    Dawn @5kidsandadog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, I remember her saying something about the bears coming from a rescue, but I don't know why. LOVE your "bear cats" Mandy! :)
    Dawn@5kidsandadog.com

    ReplyDelete